It has been a while since I made a post. While most of my friends are enjoying the spring, I’ve been preparing tax returns. Yes, I am a CPA that specializes in tax. It’s a fun job except for all the IRS deadlines!
We came up with this sauce because we wanted to have a salad dressing that is similar to one we had at a friend’s house. They served us a kale salad with a spicy Thai dressing and it was really good. Tonight we decided to use some with a kale salad of our own. Our menu included grilled chicken breasts, pasta and salad. We used this sauce for our salad dressing and to toss our pasta. By the way, the pasta was some homemade pasta made on our chitarra.
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 table spoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Sriracha (or about 3/4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar
- zest of one lemon
For our salad, we used kale instead of lettuce. To this we added carrots, red onion, mushrooms, celery and julienned fresh turnips.
For our pasta, we used half thick past and half thin pasta. We ate this cold and dressed it with some of the Spicy Thai Sauce we made, we also added some olive oil, chopped peanuts, cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.